History

On June 17, 1927 a site at 16th and Webster Streets N.W. was aquired for the organization of Engine 30. However due to zoning restrictions in the deed, the company was not formed.

March 27, 1955, Engine Company 30 and Truck Company 17 were organized and placed in service at #50 49th Street N.E. Engine Company 30 went in service with a 1939 Buffalo 750 GPM hose wagon, and a 1936 Pirsch 750 GPM pumper. Truck 17 went in service with a 1938 Pirsch 100' aerial ladder.